Are you a shrimp lover but tired of the same old preparations? Look no further! This brown butter spicy garlic shrimp with savory turmeric rice recipe is sure to impress your taste buds. With a mix of savory vegetables, bold spices, and succulent shrimp, this dish will quickly become a favorite.
Savory Turmeric Rice
- 2 cups raw basmati rice
- 1 stalk of celery, finely diced
- 1/2 bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Salt to taste
- Rinse the raw basmati rice and set aside.
- Finely dice the celery, bell pepper, and red onion.
- Heat a pan on high heat and add the oil.
- Add the red onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add the celery and bell pepper and sauté for 2-5 minutes or until they begin to soften.
- Sprinkle turmeric over the mixture and stir well to prevent burning.
- Add the raw basmati rice and stir well to coat the rice grains evenly with the turmeric mixture.
- Add chicken or vegetable broth to the rice mixture, making sure to use the same measuring cup as the rice.
- Mix well and transfer the mixture to a rice cooker.
- Press the button on the rice cooker and let it do the work for you.
- Once the rice is done cooking, fluff with a fork and add salt to taste.
Brown Butter Spicy Garlic Shrimp
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Cut each shrimp in half along the side.
- Melt butter in a skillet over low to medium heat.
- Add red onions and cook until translucent.
- Add garlic, paprika, and chili flakes, and continuously stir to prevent burning.
- Increase heat and add shrimp.
- Coat the shrimp with the sauce before cooking.
- Cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes on one side until they turn pink.
- Flip the shrimp and cook for another 3-4 minutes on the other side.
- Add fresh parsley and stir well.
- Add salt to taste.
To serve, plate the savory turmeric rice and top it with the brown butter spicy garlic shrimp. Garnish with additional parsley if desired.
Enjoy this flavorful and delicious dish that is sure to impress your family and friends. Experiment with different spices and vegetables to make it your own. Happy cooking!